- All standard UMBC, Graduate School, and IS Department policies and procedures apply to this program with the exception of those items identified below. For more information about the standard policies and procedures please see theUMBC, Graduate School, and Information Systems Department web sites.
- Graduate students may take no more than 3 classes per semester without prior permission from their advisor and the Graduate Program Director.
- MS students may take ONE independent study. In order for a MS student to take an independent study course, the student must submit in writing to the IS department an abstract of the course of study. The student must have the written permission of the IS department before the student registers for credit.
- No more than two electives may be taken outside of your program’s requirements. Approval from your advisor is required before these courses can be taken.
- Graduate students may be recommended for dismissal after earning 3 Cs (this includes C+, C, or C-), or a D or F in any graduate level course.
Tuition Payment Policies
All normal UMBC policies apply, with the following exception: The first $200 of tuition is non-refundable for all classes in the online MS program as this covers the cost of books, materials, delivery of these materials, and administrative expenses. As a result, any refunds will be based upon the tuition paid minus $200.
For more tuition information, please visit Student Business Services at http://sbs.umbc.edu/.
Note to students who are not US Citizens or permanent residents in the US: No I-20′s for F-1 Visas will be issued by UMBC to enroll in this online program.
IMPORTANT: Students are required to notify the program staff of any changes they intend to make with regards to their registration. Notification to the program staff should be made prior to implementing such changes.
REFUNDS FOR WITHDRAWAL FROM CLASSES
To view the refund schedule, please refer to the Bursar’s Office website,http://www.umbc.edu/bursar/tuition.
Please note the following policy, as it is unique to the Online MS program:If a student drops a course prior to the start of the semester, and the textbook is returned, the $200 non-refundable fee will be reversed.
To check on the status of an application for admission or to get further information about the program, please contact Shannon Keegan, The Department of Information Systems’ Graduate Program Manager by phone or email:
- Call 1-800-353-8622 and select Option #1 when prompted.
- Email email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding UMBC’s financial aid policies and offerings, please visit UMBC’s Office of Financial aid and Scholarships.
USM employees please note: Employees of University System of Maryland (USM) and its constituent institutions are eligible for the application of tuition remission to the Online Information Systems Master’s Program. USM employees who take advantage of tuition remission will be responsible for purchasing their own books and instructional materials for all courses.
To ensure that tuition bills are processed properly, USM employees taking advantage of tuition remission must communicate this information to the Information Systems Department when they apply to the online MS program in addition to filing the necessary paperwork each semester.