All inclusive. We deliver textbooks right to your door. All you have to do is come to class.
- Summer 2017: $860/credit hour
- Fall 2017: $881/credit hour
- Spring 2018: $881/credit hour
- Summer 2018: $881/credit hour
Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University (College) publication, the University (College) reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University (College) and the University System of Maryland Board of Regents.
There will be a single matriculation fee of $200 that covers all required fees.
- The one-time matriculation fee will be paid during the first two semesters of enrollment for master’s degree-seeking students, and the fee will be posted to student accounts automatically. $100 will be charged the first semester, followed by $100 the second semester.
- Students who participate in the commencement ceremony will pay the costs to rent regalia. The current cost for master’s regalia rental is $75 and for the new specialty Ph.D. regalia rental is $150. This process is in line with other area universities. This rental fee will be effective starting Fall 2010.
Financial Aid: This program is qualified for Federal financial aid. For more information go to http://www.umbc.edu/financialaid/student_business_services.html
Withdrawal and Refunds
Please note the following policy, as it is unique to the Online MS program:
If a student drops a course prior to the start of the semester, and the textbook is returned, the $200 non-refundable fee will be reversed.
All normal UMBC policies apply, with the following exception: The first $200 of tuition is non-refundable for all classes in the online MS program as this covers the cost of books, materials, delivery of these materials, and administrative expenses. As a result, any refunds will be based upon the tuition paid minus $200.
Please refer to the Bursar’s Office website,http://www.umbc.edu/bursar/tuition, for the refund schedules, payment options and other important information.
USM employees please note: Employees of University System of Maryland (USM) and its constituent institutions are eligible for the application of tuition remission to the Online Information Systems Master’s Program. USM employees who take advantage of tuition remission will be responsible for purchasing their own books and instructional materials for all courses.
To ensure that tuition bills are processed properly, USM employees taking advantage of tuition remission must communicate this information to the Information Systems Department when they apply to the online MS program in addition to filing the necessary paperwork each semester.